Monday 15 September 2014

MeetMyQuickFix

Sometimes you just fancy whipping something up to snack on, whether it be sweet or savoury. The return of the latest series of the Great British Bake Off has definitely triggered this to a greater extent recently as you just CAN'T watch GBBO without a treat! Well I can't anyway, I think it is near enough impossible! I'm going to be honest, unless I am planning for a friend's birthday cake, or sticking to a recipe, my inventions are normally created from whatever is lurking in the back of my cupboard or fridge. This experimental aspect can sometimes work out unbelievably smoothly (sometimes not), but it's all about having fun...& hopefully creating something scrummy to eat at the end of it as well!

For these cute little blossoming pastries I just used ready rolled puff pastry pleated into a cupcake tin & filled them with various flavour combinations! It really is as easy as that! 


Fill to the top with your chosen fillings & bake in the oven for about 15 minutes.

...Fig, Feta & Balsamic Glaze...
...Peanut Butter, Banana & Chocolate...
...Blueberries & Apple Sauce...


Please let me know what you think about my pastry flavour combinations & your GBBO treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment