Thursday 19 July 2012

MeetYourMakersReturn

I am afraid it has been a while. Long than I wished, but MeetYourMaker Blog is storming back big time & obviously fashionably!

Well, what has MeetYourMaker been up to in this prolonged break from blogging? 
Enjoying the summer. Travelling. Making & creating. So there is lots to be updated on!

Let's begin with what this blog is all about...Fashion!

Our world revolves around money [unfortunately!] so I recently started a job search in order to fill my summer spare time [and to help pay for my newly moved into house, of which I share with 8 friends!]
In the meantime I got to work on my own project... hand-making clothes to sell. I get great satisfaction in imagining & then creating a garment out of dressmaking ingredients: a flat piece of material and a needle & thread, watching it come to life. The satisfaction grows when you see someone wearing one of your designs, knowing they paid their own good money for it because they love it & feel amazing in it!
In the few weeks since I returned from abroad, I have managed to design & make nearly 20 tops, in 3 original trends. These are to be eventually sold in Little Treasures Boutique in my hometown of Hastings, East Sussex. 


However, I aim to set up an online shop soon & to take orders, as every piece is individual, therefore you won't find another one like it!
You can also contact me on my Facebook Design page for further enquiries...



************************************************************************

Inspired by a Very British Summer, 'Oh I Do Love To Be Beside The Seaside' is a collaboration of nautical-style prints, floating materials & cute trimmings. The perfect recipe to enjoy the frivolity of the summer months...


Sheer panels & opaque prints make up this trend. Our British weather isn't always predictable so this trend is to suit any situation that Mother Nature unexpectedly throws at us. The playful prints combined with the contrasting fabrics adds a street-style edge to this look...


'Geometric Pop' focuses on colour blocking & linear prints that immediately draw your eye to the piece. Details including trimmings, panels & poppers that add a functional feel to this independent trend, whether it's a picnic in the park, or cocktails in town...


No comments:

Post a Comment