Saturday 16 June 2012

MeetMyWardrobe

Occasion: Shopping Day in Brighton

Note: I am NOT a giant...I am just standing by a VERY small door! 
Or maybe I drank Alice's magic potion...

Outfit Recipe [let's take it from the top]...
  • Multi-coloured sparkle knee length dress *bargain charity shop find!*
  • Black studded leather jacket [Topshop]
  • Black leather & wicker flatforms


A Sprinkle Of Vintage Accessories...
  • Red leather belt *one of the Father’s!*
  • Wicker basket-bag *co-ordinated with my shoes to get that ‘summer in the city’ feeling*
  • Red rounded sunglasses *vintage sunnies are perfect in summer & add a quirky twist to your style*


Shopping in…
  • Brighton Lanes *vintage & charity shop heaven*
  • H&M *for stylish ‘throw-on’ holiday fashion*
  • Cos *for its strong shapes & luxurious fabrics*


Sipping on…
  • Sparkling elderflower presse


Munching on…
  • Beetroot & mozzarella super food salad [Zizzi]
  • Raspberry & rhubarb flan


Dancing To...
  • Two Door Cinema Club Re-mixes


Lusting After…
  • More silk! *I think an addiction has begun...*


Brighton + Shopping = Amazing!
Brighton is always a great day out…especially if the weather is nice! Walking round the quirky little lanes is a pleasure in the sunshine & it puts you in the best mood to search out the bargains! And today I am wearing my bargain buy from this week…the transitional dress. With subtle multi-coloured flecks running through the nearly black weave, I threw on this oversized dress & pulled it together with my Dad’s old leather belt! Leather is always best when it is worn in, so ta Dad, all I had to do was make a few smaller belt holes to cinch in the waist!

Venturing into the new-town shops I browsed H&M convinced that I wouldn’t find a thing…or wouldn’t give in to buying it rather! But then I started picking up garments to try on…for fun. Well that was a mistake! But the best mistake…


I was drawn to the jacket in the two images to the left due to its 'inverted' style collar, which was a nice twist on the generic masculine feature. However the tops were purely to try on the bottom-halves with! 
I think I fell a little bit in love with these burgundy 100% silk [yes!] tailored trousers [center] as soon as I saw them...and even more when I tried them on! They fit loosely yet perfectly around all the right areas & make me feel like i'm wearing nothing...well, not much!
The skirt on the right had a similar effect, however it unfortunately didn't live up to my expectations. It's knitted structure ensured a great fit around the body and I loved how the shape graduated up & the back...and even possibly at the front as one could wear it both ways! However, knitted skirts & summer simply just don't mix well for me...but I will be attempting to make one as a wonderful transitional piece as soon as autumn pops its head around that golden corner...

Now to literally meet my wardrobe...
Being at home for a few days has many pluses. But is finding this in your wardrobe one?! You decide...


...of course it is! Hello Georgie!


No comments:

Post a Comment