Occasion: Preparing for university presentation
Situation: Dressing for humid yet wet & windy weather
My Outfit Recipe [Let's take it from the top & break it down]...
- Black silk shirt [vintage... https://www.facebook.com/events/438697212882937/450882268331098/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity]
- Blue crepe pleat maxi-skirt *handmade my myself*
- Black oversized blazer *pure wool* [Next]
Accessorize my Life...
- Blue & gold head scarf [vintage]
- Gold rays necklace *let the sun shine all around* [India]
- Black patent & gold handbag [Deep vintage...http://www.deepvintageclothing.co.uk/]
- Black patent loafers
Yes today might have been a rainy one, however there is always a plus side. Dressing like a mermaid of course! Well not literally, but reflecting on my photographs my skirt creation reminded me of the such. Unintentionally inspired by seaside fantasies, I paired the crepe pleated skirt length with a simple silk shirt tied at the waist & sleek oversized blazed to keep the look in proportion & stop the tail from taking over! Tying a necklace shorter than its original length to meet your collar makes your accessorizing more eye-catching & adds another texture to the overall look. Adding a head scarf in complementary colours ensured I wasn't sporting the windswept look, bringing the fantasy look successfully together.