After my travelling times, many adventures & exciting new sights, I am reluctantly settled back into the reality of the UK. A 4 month international exchange led me to India where I discovered a world full of many wonders. Check out my experiences on my sister travel blog...http://welcometotheworldofwonders.blogspot.co.uk/
The inspiration I acquired through my experiences are already influencing everything I do...from eating to sleeping and of course dressing! Settling out of routine is challenging, however returning to one also proved difficult... Let's get welcomed back on the blogging scene!
Situation: Dressing for the temperamental British Springtime
My Outfit Recipe [Let's take it from the top & break it down]...
- Silk chiffon shirt *layer up the opaques to keep your cool* [Topshop Boutique]
- Springtime trench coat *keeping it light & bright* [Zara]
- Khaki paneled jeans [H&M]
Accessorize my Life...
- Gold structured necklace *Key buy from India*
- Black leather rucksack *Birthday present*
- Yellow notebook *Hand-printed, hand-bound & natural dyed* [Anoki, India, http://www.anokhi.com/]
- Black suede platform boots [Office]
The UK is full of tricky fashion situations. So the fashionable need to be prepared for all weathers & occasions simultaneously. With the sun beaming down one day filling the city parks with smiles & the clouds blowing blossom into pedestrians' coffees the other, striking the layering balance is key.
I have combined light layers with tougher touches to ensure I am hitting the springtime situations. With my latest travels inspiring my accessories, India's magpie obsessions with jewellery has definitely made a mark on my creative mind, inspiring me to put my Indian beads to best use my creating my own capsule collection...