Thursday 16 May 2013

MeetMySkills

Occasion: Interview at L.K Bennett
Situation: Dressing for a formal Womenswear brand in a stylish way




My Outfit Recipe [Let's take it from the top & break it down]...

  • Black oversized blazer [Next]
  • Black silk chiffon shirt [Topshop Boutique]
  • Burgundy silk trousers [H&M] 

Accessorize my Life...
  • Gold hoop necklace *made by me* [beads from India]
  • Patent black & gold handbag 
  • Blue & gold scarf *tied around bag strap for added texture* [vintage]
  • Black patent brogues
L.K Bennett is a luxury formal leading Womenswear brand...it is also the smartest one I have ever interviewed for. I was aiming for a smart but sleek look, with select impact pieces without them being overpowering, to therefore appeal to the brand's style, yet reflect my personal fashion choices. I kept my outfit cool with separates that hint at an androgynous style, however then lifted the look to luxury through the fabric combinations. To avoid the look from becoming too two-toned [with black on my top half and my trousers matching my hair!] I added a contrast vintage printed scarf around the strap of my bag [always a handy piece for customisation on the go...scarf, headscarf, bracelet, the possibilities are endless!] with the gold pattern complementing my statement necklace. Whether my look complemented the brand enough is a different story, but I believe it remains important to dress for you, to reflect yourself [with selective hints of the brand] as when you are asked what you can bring to the company...it's you!

No comments:

Post a Comment