Thursday 30 August 2012

MeetMyGifts

I love treating my friends & I love making things...
A perfect combination for a day's baking!

With friend's birthdays filling these holiday months, I thought I'd take some time out to put some thought into their gifts. After all, it is the thought that counts!

Three words to describe my baked beauties...
Personal, Cute and Edible!...what more could you want?


I started by making the cute shortcake biscuits, using a simple recipe...then shaping them into teddy bears, little ducks & love hearts. Then they were ready to personalize...matching the shapes to the friends!

Let's get personal...
I used icing sugar to add letters to the cookies & I also created 'booties' for the teddy-shaped cookies by making a special chocolate dip using dark chocolate, golden syrup & icing sugar...


I also dipped the ducky's beaks into the chocolate...so they look like they are chocoholics!



Make Treats. Make Smiles.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment